Thank you for your interest in the Logan Square Farmers Market.
The application period for the 2019 Outdoor Season is now closed as applications were due March 18th. Our application window has closed, and we are only accepting applications on a case by case basis from this point. Please thoroughly review the criteria below if you are interested in submitting a late application and contact the market manager at the contact email below.
Important Notes & Eligibility
- Interested applicants must be the Primary Producer of a food or agricultural product produced no further than 250 miles outside of Logan Square, Chicago. The Logan Square Farmers Market is a Producer Only Market.
- Other non-food* businesses interested in exhibiting may be eligible for a one-time stall through the Commercial Table Program. Please submit your request for information to Office Manager, Linnea, at email@example.com.
- Application submission does not guarantee acceptance to the Market. Space is limited. The Logan Square Farmers Market reviews all applications carefully and accepts vendors that best meet Market needs.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, we are not able to respond to general inquiries. Please see the current season’s Rules & Guidelines, our Vendor Page (for current vendors), and the Mission Statement, for more information.
Eligible Vendor Categories
- Farmer/Producer – for farmers or producers of raw or minimally processed agricultural products, that you have raised yourself. This includes produce farmers, dairy farmers, livestock farmers, apiaries, flower farms, fisherman, and so on.
- Baker/Processor – for bakers or processors of products made from raw or minimally processed ingredients. This includes all added value products using ingredients that you have not raised yourself. Some examples include: soup makers, soap makers, baked goods, coffee roasters, teas, juices, baby food, take-home ice cream, take-home hummus etc. All Bakers/Processors must produce their products in a certified commercial kitchen with health inspection documentation as well as a Food Safety Manager Certification.
- Prepared Food – for sellers of prepared foods primarily intended for immediate consumption, produced in whole or in part at the Market. Prepared Food Vendors should review the City of Chicago’s “Guidelines for Food Handling at Temporary Food Service Events.” All Prepared Food Vendors must have gone through the most recent training of the Summer Festival Sanitation. Certification which must be renewed annually. For trainings see: Illinois Restaurant Association or Logan Square Kitchen.
Important Vendor Guidelines
- All vendors must use only compostable disposables at the market. Disposables include sampling wares, utensils, cups, lids, straws, plates, bowls, ready to eat to-go containers, and to-go bags. The Logan Square Farmers Market strongly prefers compostable packaging and bags wherever possible. Please note: Products should read compostable or certified compostable. Terms like biodegradable, bio-based, and plant-based products do not indicate compostable.
- Bakers/Processors and Prepared Food Vendors must source and highlight at least one prominent ingredient directly from an LSFM Farmer at every Market, with proof of purchasing relationships. Limited exceptions may be made at the sole discretion of Market Management.
- All processed and prepared food products must be processed and prepared in a certified, inspected kitchen by certified staff.
- To be considered, coffee roasters must be roasting within 250mi of Chicago, and coffee may only be carried by coffee roasters at the Indoor 2018-19 Market. Strong preference will be given to businesses based and/or roasted in Logan Square
Outdoor 2019 Market Application Information
The Outdoor Market will run Sundays beginning May 12, 2019 – October 27, 2019, 10am-3pm rain or shine, along Logan Blvd from Milwaukee Ave to Whipple.
- Applicants applying after the March 18th, 2019 deadline are subject to an additional nonrefundable $50 late fee, for a total nonrefundable application fee of $150. Incomplete applications submitted will also be subject to the nonrefundable late fee. Please note that applications submitted after the deadline without an accompanying fee will not be considered. Vendors with outstanding balances will not be considered until balance is paid in full.
- Email LSFM Manager, Rosie, at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions regarding the applicatio or if you are interested in submitting a late application
Step 1 of 3. All applicants for the Outdoor 2019 Season must thoroughly read and accept the.2019 Outdoor Rules & Guidelines.
Step 2 of 3. Complete the appropriate application based on your product/business (see Eligible Vendor Categories above). Please note that we have phased out of hard copy applications this year..
Be sure to submit required additional documents (proof of insurance, sales tax id, certifications, inspections) before the deadline. Documents may be emailed, mailed, or faxed
Logan Square Chamber of Commerce, 3147 W. Logan Bl., Suite 12, Chicago IL 60647
Step 3 of 3: Submit nonrefundable application fee payment: If submitted along with a complete and correct application by midnight March 18th, 2019 , nonrefundable application fees will total $100. If submitted after March 18th, 2019 nonrefundable applications fees will total $150. Fees can be submitted electronically to email@example.com via Paypal or by check, made payable to “Logan Square Chamber of Commerce” and submitted to the address above.
Logan Square Farmers Market Seasons
The Logan Square Farmers Market is the only Farmers Market in Chicago that runs weekly from late spring through winter. There are two distinct Logan Square Farmers Market Seasons. Vendors must re-apply each season for consideration.
- The application period for the Outdoor Market Season will run mid-winter through late-winter. The Outdoor Season begins in May and runs weekly through October.
- The application period for the Indoor Market Season will run late-summer through early fall. The Indoor Season begins the first Sunday in November and runs weekly through March, excluding the Sunday after Thanksgiving and other major holidays.