Thank you for your interest in the Logan Square Farmers Market. Please see the Mission Statement. Interested applicants must be the primary producer of a food or agricultural product, based within the Chicago foodshed (within 250mi or less of Logan Square, Chicago). Please note: Application does not guarantee acceptance to the market. Incomplete applications and applications without an accompanying fee will not be read or considered.
There are two primary application periods for the Logan Square Farmers Market, with fixed deadlines. The application period for the Outdoor Market Season will run mid-winter through late-winter. The application period for the Indoor Market Season will run late-summer through early fall. The Logan Square Farmers Market reviews all applications carefully and accepts vendors that best meet market needs.
Please ensure that when you submit an application, you have chosen the appropriate vendor category. Please note that non-raw agricultural items must be processed and prepared in a certified, inspected kitchen by certified staff. We accept the following categories of vendors for consideration:
- Farmer/Producer – for farmers or producers of raw or minimally processed agricultural products, that you have raised yourself. This includes produce farmers, dairy farmers, livestock farmers, apiaries, flower farms, fisherman, and so on.
- Processor/Bakery – for processors or bakers of products made from raw or minimally processed ingredients. This includes all added value products using ingredients who have not raised yourself. Some examples include: soup makers, soap makers, baked goods, teas, juices, baby food, ice cream, etc. (Please note: Coffee purveyors are not eligible for admittance to the Outdoor Market site.)
- Prepared Food – for sellers of prepared foods produced in whole or in part at the Market, intended primarily for immediate consumption.
Businesses interested in exhibiting non-food or agricultural products or services may be eligible for a one-time stall through the commercial table program. Please submit your request for information to Linnea at <email@example.com>.
Due to a high volume of applicants, we are not able to respond to general inquiries. Email Whitney at <firstname.lastname@example.org> with any specific questions regarding the application.
OUTDOOR 2017 MARKET APPLICATION INFORMATION
The deadline for applications, material submissions, and application fees (by deadline $100) was on Monday, March 20, 2017, at midnight. Applicants will be notified regarding the status of their application no later than Monday, April 10, 2017. Applicants applying after the deadline are subject to an additional $50 late application fee, for a total application submission fee of $150. Please note: APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED AFTER THE DEADLINE ARE HIGHLY UNLIKELY TO BE CONSIDERED.
Please review the Rules & Regulations in full before submitting an application. The Outdoor 2017 Market will run weekly from Sunday, May 14, and end on Sunday, October 29, 2017, from 10am until 3pm. The Outdoor 2017 Market will take place along Logan Blvd., between Milwaukee and Whipple.
In 2017, we are asking vendors to…
- use only compostable disposables at the market for utensils and serveware and use compostable disposables and packaging wherever possible for non-prepared food items;
- (attn: processors, bakers and prepared food vendors) source ingredients directly from LSFM farm vendors, with proof of purchasing relationships.
- (attn: produce farmers) register to accept Farmers Market Nutrition Program Checks with the State of Illinois for use during the Outdoor Market season on fresh produce. Farmers must re-register for this current season for a 3-year term.
(Please note: coffee purveyors and roasters are not permitted at the Outdoor 2017 market. Coffee sales are prohibited at the Outdoor 2017 market location.)
OUTDOOR 2017 MARKET APPLICATIONS
(Step 1 of 3.) ALL APPLICANTS for the Outdoor 2017 Season must read and accept the Outdoor 2017 Season Rules & Regulations. Vendors with outstanding balances will not be considered.
(Step 2 of 3.) Then, choose your preferred method of submitting the application below….
Option A: Online Form: Use the following Web Browser for this option: Safari or Google Chrome. It’s recommended you set aside enough time to complete the application fully. When you have completed and submitted the online application, you will see a finished version of your submission. You should receive a complete copy of the application for yourself, upon submission. Should more information be needed, you will be permitted to update the information in the original application. We encourage you to save your application for yourself. You may download the application as a PDF for your records.
Upon completion of the online form, you must submit additional documents (proof of insurance, sales tax id, and any other certifications acknowledged or required by the application). Please review the application checklist here, for reference. Email these documents to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Farmers/Producers ONLY (ONLINE)
For Bakers/Processors ONLY (ONLINE)
For Prepared Food Vendors ONLY (ONLINE)
Option B: Download & Print Form: To download and print the applications, please choose the appropriate application below.
There are three different application forms for the Logan Square Outdoor 2017 Farmers Market. (Please note: Download the appropriate application document BEFORE filling it out. It will not save if you try to fill it out online.) Your complete application, including a $100 application fee and all supporting documents, must be submitted or postmarked no later than March 20, 2017, for consideration.
For Farmers/Producers ONLY (HARD COPY)
For Bakers/Processors ONLY (HARD COPY)
For Prepared Food Vendors ONLY (HARD COPY)
**Associate Vendor Applications (for farmers only) are available upon request.
To submit electronically, please scan a PDF document to a printable 8×11 format. Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Snail Mail: Logan Square Chamber of Commerce, 3147 W. Logan Bl., Suite 12, Chicago IL 60647
- Fax: 773-489-3760
(Step 3 of 3.) Submit fee payment: If submitted by March 20, 2017, application fees will total $100. If submitted after March 20, applications fees will total $150. Application fees can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org via Paypal. Anyone paying by check should make checks payable to the Logan Square Chamber of Commerce, at the address above.
For Prepared Food Vendors: You may review the City of Chicago’s Guidelines for Food Handling at Temporary Food Service Events (page 8) here.