Thank you for your interest in the Logan Square Farmers Market.
The application period for the 2019-20 Indoor Season is closed.
Applications for the 2020 Outdoor Season will be available mid February. Please thoroughly review the application guidelines and details on this page prior to sending an email with questions.
Important Notes & Eligibility
- Interested applicants must be the Primary Producer of a food or agricultural product produced no further than 250 miles outside of Logan Square, Chicago. The Logan Square Farmers Market is a Producer Only Market.
- Other non-food* businesses interested in exhibiting may be eligible for a one-time stall through the Commercial Table Program. Please submit your request for information to Office Manager, Linnea, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application submission does not guarantee acceptance to the Market. Space is limited. The Logan Square Farmers Market reviews all applications carefully and accepts vendors that best meet Market needs.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, we are not able to respond to general inquiries. Please see the current season’s Market Rules and Guidelines our Vendor Page (for current vendors), and the Mission Statement, for more information.
Eligible Vendor Categories
- Farmer/Producer – for farmers or producers of raw or minimally processed agricultural products, that you have raised yourself. This includes produce farmers, dairy farmers, livestock farmers, apiaries, flower farms, fisherman, and so on.
- Baker/Processor – for bakers or processors of products made from raw or minimally processed ingredients. This includes all added value products using ingredients that you have not raised yourself. Some examples include: soup makers, soap makers, baked goods, coffee roasters, teas, juices, baby food, take-home ice cream, take-home hummus etc. All Bakers/Processors must produce their products in a certified commercial kitchen with health inspection documentation as well as a Food Safety Manager Certification.
- Prepared Food – for sellers of prepared foods primarily intended for immediate consumption, produced in whole or in part at the Market. Prepared Food Vendors should review the City of Chicago’s “Guidelines for Food Handling at Temporary Food Service Events.” All Prepared Food Vendors must have gone through the most recent training of the Summer Festival Sanitation. Certification which must be renewed annually. For trainings see: Illinois Restaurant Association or Logan Square Kitchen.
Important Vendor Guidelines
- All vendors must use only compostable disposables at the market. Disposables include sampling wares, utensils, cups, lids, straws, plates, bowls, ready to eat to-go containers, and to-go bags. The Logan Square Farmers Market strongly prefers compostable packaging and bags wherever possible. Please note: Products should read compostable or certified compostable. Terms like biodegradable, bio-based, and plant-based products do not indicate compostable.
- Bakers/Processors and Prepared Food Vendors must source and highlight at least one prominent ingredient directly from an LSFM Farmer at every Market, with proof of purchasing relationships. Limited exceptions may be made at the sole discretion of Market Management.
- All processed and prepared food products must be processed and prepared in a certified, inspected kitchen by certified staff.
- To be considered, coffee roasters must be roasting within 250mi of Chicago, and coffee may only be carried by coffee roasters at the Indoor 209-20 Market. Strong preference will be given to businesses based and/or roasted in Logan Square
Indoor 2019-2020 Market Application Information
The Indoor Market will run Sundays beginning November 3, 2019- March 29, 2020, 10am-3pm rain or shine, at Emporium Logan Square, 2363 N Milwaukee Ave. The LSFM will be CLOSED on December 1st, and will finalize any holiday closures based on vendor requests.
- All vendor applicants are required to submit a nonrefundable application to be considered. This fee is determined by current vendor status at the LSFM.
- New vendors application fee is $50 (i.e. was not accepted nor participated in the 2019 Outdoor Season)
- Continuing vendor application fee is $25. (i.e. participated in the outdoor season and wish to continue into the indoor market)
- Indoor Market Applications are DUE October 1st, 2019 by 5pm. Late applications are subject to an additional $100 late fee.
- Email LSFM Manager, Rosie, at email@example.com with specific questions regarding the application process.
Step 1 of 3. All applicants for the Outdoor 2019 Season must thoroughly read and accept the.2019-20 Indoor Rules & Guidelines.
Step 2 of 3. Complete the appropriate application based on your current vendor status. Only qualifying continuing vendors may submit their applications (i.e. vendors from the 2019 Outdoor Season who wish to continue into the 2019-2020 Indoor Season)
Be sure to submit required additional documents (proof of insurance, sales tax id, certifications, inspections) before the deadline. Documents may be emailed, mailed, or faxed
Logan Square Chamber of Commerce, 3147 W. Logan Bl., Suite 12, Chicago IL 60647
Step 3 of 3: Submit nonrefundable application fee payment: If submitted along with a complete and correct application by 5pm, October 1st, 2019, nonrefundable application fees are $50. If submitted after October 1st, 2019 nonrefundable applications fees will total $150. This is to encourage speedy submission of the application. Fees can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org via Paypal or by check, made payable to “Logan Square Chamber of Commerce” and submitted to the address above.
Logan Square Farmers Market Seasons
The Logan Square Farmers Market is the only Farmers Market in Chicago that runs weekly from late spring through winter. There are two distinct Logan Square Farmers Market Seasons.Vendors must re-apply each season for consideration.
- The application period for the Outdoor Market Season will run mid-winter through late-winter. The Outdoor Season begins in May and runs weekly through October.
- The application period for the Indoor Market Season will run late-summer through early fall. The Indoor Season begins the first Sunday in November and runs weekly through March, excluding the Sunday after Thanksgiving and other major holidays.